Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Making my own jewelry.

Yep, that's right.
Currently, about 30% of my jewelry is handmade.

Mostly it is bracelets because they are the simplest to make. And after I move into my dorm [in THREE days], I'll try to get a tutorial up :)

If you want to make one, you're going to need :

Pliers [roundnose and clipping]
Jumprings [medium and small ones]
Headpins [Either with a round or flat head]
Beads [Most of mine use pearls, but for the tutorial, I will be using simple black beads]
Chain [Long enough to fit tightly around your wrist]
Closure [either a lobster or c-clasp]

And that SHOULD be it.

I know it seems like a lot, but in reality, I only use 11 headpins per row [we'll only be making 2 rows. One with beads, the other with chain], so a $2 pack of 100 from Walmart will work wonders! [hey, it's what I use!!]

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment